Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bam Bam Bambai... Bambai Mujhko Jam Gayi :)

Heard about mumbai but have never seen it... heard that mumbai is a city of dreams that fullfills everyone's dreams, that accepts everyone with open arms...another thing which i heard about this vibrant city is that - there is a lack of social life.. Everyone is running to acheive some big thing.. i.e Money....and i think to survive here especially in mumbai with a good standard life, both husband and wife should earn money...as survey says - mumbai is 7th most expensive city in the world.....
Mumbai's life is so fast..
What i learn from mumai is the value of TIME.. Time is Money !!! 
Its been 7 years in mumbai as i came here at 2003 after marriage.. and i am enjoying every single moment here...
Mumbai gave me love, husband, job, Money, Freinds and most importantly Confidence. What can i say more about mumbai... Mumbai hold a very special place in my heart...
I am a working woman, Working in Media industry, having odd timings, basically working in shifts... My office distance from home is about one n half hour via train..To reach office i catch 2 trains, one is from kharghar to kurla and secone one is kurla to curry road, and 20 minutes walking...after so much hardwork i reach my office :)... but travelling via local train ( which we all happy to call "Life Line of mumbai")... is not  much tiring...
One more thing i would like to point out here  - Mumbai is much safe for girls... as compare to other cities... working women could fearlessly travel in local train and walk the street at night.
Ahh!! Mumbai rainfall... I just love when it raining without pause..Mumbai looks at its best during rains..., walking along sea side, with full of dark clouds and a chilly wind on a rainy day is what i love the most....I can spend my whole day just by watching water and sun come down....
What i miss in mumbai is WINTER... Yes chilly winter, where i dressed up in a fully loaded jackets, pullovers, scarfs, gloves .. 
To bring to an end- Happy to say tht - Bum bum bambai.. bambai mujhko jam gayi....

13 comments:

  1. Great going rachna nice to see you blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u r right rachna it is very beautiful place my dream also to visit their one time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I like your view on mumbai city.I born and bought up in mumbai.Very few people who came other state or city have respect of that city in which earn and live life.I am very happy that u have respect abt mumbai.It seems u r very kind,smart and respective sort of girl.I will just add one think that Mumbai is 4th most expensive city in the world not 7th.Every people shud think like u.
    Jai bharat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chetan Really Thanks for your comments !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt Bhabhi, u are seeing mumbai from Close Proximity. I have been staying in mumbai since May, 1998, but never seen the city life. Ye aur baat hai ki mujhe bhi Mumbai jamm gayee hai :-) Mumbai is for all class of ppl. All are more or less happy here. If u have a little Brain U can always 'Live life King Size' here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me its always pleasure to read or write something about AAMCHI MUMBAI. I have been living in mumbai from more than 2 decades and have witnessed and cherished each and every transformation, mumbai has gone through. it was not at all easy to get the status of FINANCIAL CAPITAL of the country. I feel the same pressure of rhe adreline flowing in our nerves every day. One need to pass the survival tests which this city takes from each one who wants to live here. This city has given the right to all the people, irrespective of caste and creed, language and colour, the right to DREAM and to follow your dreams. "MONEY FLIES HERE" goes well with those, who believe in theselves and can outstand the times of crises. I would not believe that there is no social life in mumbai, mumbai is one of the cities, which has the best quality of night and social activities. One can party with 50 bucks to 500000 bucks here.
    Yes, life is a test and we give it everyday. But nothing comes easy ... right !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The great bombay,the paris of india. the city of tinsel town.the city of dreams for millions how lucky will be the person who is staying in one of the greatets city of india ..and rachna sahiba .you are one of those who has become mumbaiker..how lucky you are ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Di....you are too gud.....great work...keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Usman ji and Smita.. for appriciating :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Loving Husband mainak.. really Thanks... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see passion for Mumbai in your post.great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank u Pratibha ji for liking my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi... I am new to your blog but let me tell you, I LOVE it. So much passion in your writing, i can see that you enjoy writing. You are a blogger like me. I am definetly going to follow you ad return to your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete